A candidate applying for admission to the Two Year D.El.Ed. course in an institution, recognized by the NCTE, and affiliated to the West Bengal Board of Primary Education:
- Should be an Indian citizen.
- Should pass the H.S. (+2) Examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board/Council/University with at least 50% marks in the aggregate. There is however, a relaxation of 5% marks for the applicants belonging to Sc/ST/OBC/PH/ExServiceman categories.
- Should not be above 35 years of age (40 years of age for Sc/ST/OBC/PH) Note 1: This upper age limit is not applicable for the in-service teachers, appointed before 03.09.2001 Note2: Ex-Serviceman shall get the benefit of age relaxation as per rules
- Must have studied the language at the Higher Secondary level as a compulsory subject for which medium of instruction he/she will be applying for admission.
- For Vocational- course pass applicants:
- 4% (i.e. two out of fifty) of the seats shall be earmarked for applicants coming from the vocational Stream Course (+2 Level) under any Board/University/Council or its equivalent, regardless of categories.
- Such vocational-course pass applicants must have studied at least two language including English at the +2 stage.
- Such vocational-course-pass applicants should score at least 50% marks at the +2 stage.
- Such vocational-course-pass applicants, however, shall not be eligible for other seats under any conditions of backwardness or physical disability.
- Reservation of seats shall be made as per usual norms.
- The course fees and admission fees as will be set by the WBBPE/Government of West Bengal, shall have to be strictly followed, otherwise stern action will be taken up by appropriate authority.
- 5(five) seats in D.I.E.Ts, Govt./Govt.Sponsored /Govt.Aided Primary Teachers’ Training Institutes will be kept reserved for in-service Primary teachers, appointed before 03.09.2001 having 50% or 45% (as the case may be)at the H.S.(+2)Examination or its equivalent, if duly deputed by the competent authority. If there are more than five applications in this category, five will be selected from among them in order of merit. In case of non-availability of such candidates the seats shall be filled up from among the merit listed candidates in order of merit as per reservation rules.
- Ten(10) percent of the total intake of a private Institution shall be reserved under Management Quota. No such reservation will be there in case of a Government/Government Sponsored/Govt. Aided institution. In case of such reservations, admission procedures and other terms and conditions for admission, as prescribed, should also be maintained strictly.
- How to fill in the application form: The applicant should go through the information booklet and the application form carefully before starting to fill in the original application. It is advisable to photocopy it first and fill in the photocopy before filling in the original application form. Applicant should use only ball point pen to fill in the application form. Overwriting or usage of white ink should be avoided. For Sl. No. A,B,C,D,E,F,I the applicant should leave 1 (one) box blank between two words.
All the prefixes like Mr.,Mrs.,Shri,Smt., Kumari wtc. Should be strictly avoided while filling in the names.
For G, the date of birth of the applicant should be in the form of DD MM YYYY. Suppose the date of birth of an applicant is 9th August 1992, then the form should be filled in as 09/08/1992.
For H, the applicant should tick mark( ) in the appropriate box to mention his or her sex.
Fot J, the name of the examination should be Higher Secondary or as mentioned in the Mark-sheet of other Boards of Councils. The total marks obtained should be the aggregate of the best five including Forst and Second Language but excluding EVS.
For example: A students has passed the Higher Secondary Examination with following scores:
Now the calculation of percentage shall be made on the basis of (50+78+90+60/5)=69.6%.
- 1 st Language-50
- 2 nd Language-78
- Political Science-60
- Philosophy (Optional Elective)-90
Notable: He/She has scored more marks in Geography, but in order to keep the two language papers for calculation, a beter performance (55 in Geography) has to be kept off. Again the number in EVS cannot be taken for calculation.
Note: For determination of minimum eligibility the Grand Total marks (where applicable) will be converted into percentage. In such cases 500(five hundred) of 450 (four hundred fifty) (as the case may be) out of 1000(one thousand) shall mean 50 percent or 45 percent respectively.
For K, applicants should put tick mark( ) in the appropriate box of category he or she belongs to. They should write ‘A’ or ‘B’ in case they belong to OBC and also tick( ) in the same box.
Candidates belonging to Ex-serviceman category should write ‘Ex-ser’ and tick( ) against the category.
For L, applicants applying for admission to two year D.El.Ed. course may mention their higher qualification, if any. No marks for higher Qualification.
For M & O, the applicant should put his or her full signature in English.
For the items G and j above, attestation/certification should be done by Group ‘A’ category officer or the Head Master of a recognized high school.
- Mode of Selection:
In order of merit on the basis of the percentage of the marks obtained at the Higher Secondary Examination (+2 stage) calculated as per the above example.
- Course Fee: As per West Bengal Board of Primary Education.
- Availability of Forms : Information Booklet-cum-Application Form shall be available immediately after the Advertisement/Notification with the Heads of the Institution (List of the Institution enclosed) or payment of Rs. 300/- (Rs. 150/- for SC/ST/PH) by cash.
- Last date of submission of Application Form: As per notification date.
- Session would be started from June.